NAER Member Meetings of the 2017-18 year!
Tuesday, September 26th, 3:30pm – 5:30pm at East Side High School’s Media Lab: 238 Van Buren Street, Newark
Tuesday, November 14, 4-6pm NJPAC Arts Education Center: 24 Rector Street, Newark – RSVP here.
Thursday, February 22, 2018, 3:30-5:30pm Location TBD
Wednesday, June 19, 2018, 4-6pm Location TBD
The program’s goal is to foster a local community of immigrant artists through entrepreneurial training, access to other artists, arts professionals, and organizations. The program offers immigrant artists the opportunity to focus on their creative practice and gain support and exposure for their work while upholding their distinct cultural identities.
Bolden Center Accepting Program Applicants!
Please review Bolden Center 2017-2018 RFA Partners and submit by 8/25 if you are interested in programming for Session 1.
Become a Member!
- Be part of the organized effort to ensure that all children in the city of Newark have equitable access to high-quality, sequential arts education opportunities both in and out of school.
- Access professional development
- Opportunities to network and collaborate
- Access to regular updates and information in the field of arts education
- Art students are 55% more likely to attend post-secondary schools than students who don’t take art classes
- NJ Standards call for every School District in NJ to provide sequential learning (Sequential learning is education offered in a series of steps) – offering students a learning experience that gradually increases skill level over time.
of dance, theater, music and visual arts for K-12.
- A lack of access to arts programming can have negative effects on students throughout their lives.
For more information on Arts Advocacy, click below.
Are you a Newarker who cares about access to arts education for young people and families? Apply to be an Arts Ed Now local Ambassador! The Newark Arts Education Roundtable will hire 5 local arts education advocates to connect communities to activities and advocacy that promote Arts Education for youth in Newark.
The Position: Arts Ed Now Ambassador • Timeline: November 2017 – May 2018 • Approx. time commitment: 10 hrs/month • Stipend: $1000 divided into monthly installments. Apply and Learn more here
Our June Citywide Arts Education Summit was a great success, thanks to Express Newark, our volunteers, presenters, guest speaker Dr. Bettina Love, and the National Endowment for the Arts. We had more than 100 people come learn about Newark arts education opportunities, ways to advocate and connect. The conversation continues…check us out!
NAER is under the umbrella of the
which serves as a fiscal sponsor.